Sunday, September 13, 2015

REALLY? ITS OVER.... Summer is over already?

I guess what they say is true... Time does fly when you are having fun!

I have two shows left for Southern Stockhorse and still standing reserve for the year as of now in Novice on Docs Little Zoey. Its been tougher than I had thought showing on her this season. Unfortunately when you buy a Ferrari ... you still need to learn how to drive it ... smoooooth!
BUT... the upside... if you have finally got your ferrari and its parked in the garage... paid for ... you take it out when you want it... or just sit in it at home... and its still a nice new shiny Ferrari ! Even if its 13 years old... its not loosing its value.... and new to you!

The deal is... I found out after my last show when I hit the dirt, I thought because I rolled my ankle that morning stepping off my 14h mount... on a good day 14h... into a hole ... that it was that... my ankle. Then two weeks later State Finals NBHA show... oh goodie... I hit the dirt again... at barrel two. AFTER that... my spirit was shattered... and I thought seriously? WTH! I cant ride, Im too fat... Im too old... I apparently cant even stay on finished an broke horses... so I better quit before I really get hurt....  I was just really hurt emotionally. Horses are my every day ... my whole life since 4 yrs old.... but I stopped riding. I joined Golds Gym in Southern Pines and decided to get a trainer. This is where I found out the truth. The truth is ... my right side is FAR weaker then my left. Hence it was only a matter of time without physical maintenance that I would have fallen off? Well there had been signs I was ignoring, my inner thighs look totally different, while posting my right legs  swings uncontrollably, my ankle is weak for sure and started wearing lace up support which has helped.

YOU THINK YOUR all that ... but your not... its in your head that you can do this or that... but 44 and loosing more every day... it was time to make a change... and it sucks! I want to do what I want when I want and eat and or do nothing.... BUT... if I want to ride, and I want to ride hard and fast... I had to get into a routine of eating right and excercise for my new lifestyle change... or it would just get worse!

I have two more shows left in Stockhorse and 5 more in Barrel Racing and then NEXT YEAR will be a whole new year.  I have had an offer on Zoey and may end up selling her, may sell my barrel mare... CHARLIE... well I have been trying to sell him since forever... and GOD may just be keeping him here for me to suck it up buttercup and get on with it on him in eventing.... which will remain to be seen.... Red will go to his new home in the end of OCT. Greyboy found a home up the street ... and life ... little by little is being simplified... which is nice.

ONE saying sticks with me....

IF you keep holding onto yesterdays junk you wont be able to grab onto todays gifts!!!
Every day is a gift and we need to grab it and growl!

No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...