Sunday, February 18, 2024

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to attain them, or have any formal training, or access to training in central Maine really stunted my growth in that dream. Now at 53 I am facing the reality of that coming to fruition. 2008 trip to the Rolex ignited the dream. Inspired by Bruce Davidson at 68 riding his 21 year old
gelding he retired that year. It made me think at 38 yrs old I would still be able to get there! That false hope, and unforseen life changes like divorce, moving or selling my eventing horses, getting remarried and following my husbands passion barrel racing for 10 years let that inspiration slip away like vapor.

As my LIFE itself is ever evolving and changing, who knew I would be able to actually return to that aspiration of eventing. A slew of events chronologically panned out resulting in a new vision and realistic goals. Interestingly my last appy bred hopeful was the one responsible for this opportunity. Who knew it would be Charlie that would make a way for me to return to my love of eventing over the course of 6 years through connections. Short story version: Wapschocolatemousse aka Charlie, Moose went on lease to St Andrews college for 2 yrs. A graduate reached out to me to continue a private lease for 2 yrs, who then purchased to continue eventing under the 4* Training guidance of Mckenzie Cumbea, owner of Morning Line Farm. After I restarted jumping lessons with another trainer before turning 50, I decided to purchase Bristol Indian, a proven 2* 3DE gelding I had hoped to show me the ropes of upper levels. Maintaining connection with Charlies owner who was then barn manager for Mckenzie, allowed me to realize a better opportunity to materialize my showing potential with Bristol would be at her show training facility. Thankful I made that decision in that moment, but it still took 2 yrs to come into being where I am today mentally. Through life changing state of affairs to take care of my mother, then loosing my mother during that 3 year time period had only prolonged the inevitable. 

Everything happens at the right time and for the right reason. My experience in Southern Stockhorse, NBHA, website building, marketing, showing weekends for 10yrs has prepared me to be where I am, at the right time. Mckenzie's expanding training/boarding business needed her website to reflect the professionalism and highly qualified level of horses she was showing. I offered to update her website and branding for her sale flyers. My photography, videography, graphic design degree and 50 years of horse life forged our business relationship. An unexpected opportunity to groom for her at Chattahoochee Hills Event solidified my "personal groom" job title during the week & for her 2024 show season!





To say that I am excited for this chance to change future sequence of events, is an understatement. What the future holds for me to attain any personal goals have better odds if you are connected with people that have the drive you once had and actually desire to motivate you to do better every day!

What more can 2024 offer me to get back to my goals? 

Thank you Jesus for Charlie!



No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...