Wednesday, November 19, 2008

THE COLD SEASON....

has started. I mean C O L D! not getting above 35 today and it hasnt even snowed yet! Jason leaving for Canada in the a.m. hunting in Manitoba for a week. WHY head to colder weather to kill something when we have all those great amenities right here in our own back yard? Ya I cant figure that one out either for the last 18 years... & all done trying.

It was cold at the indoor yesterday too. That will not be a fun time this winter. Got over 2' jumps in a figure 8 and he is progressing nicely. He may not compete next weekend, but a least we will be there just in case it is one of his good days. Doesnt hurt to get him out there right?

No more riding in the arena due to its now frozen .... which reminds me ... I have to get both extension cords out to the barn to plug in outside heaters in both front and back pastures, as I was breaking 1" thick ice this a.m. with a hammer :(... I still cant believe its here... THE COLD is now staying... so very sad!
On a postive note ... everyone has their own personal waterproof turn out blanket, which keeps the chilling wind sheer at bay... and they needed that today. I stayed in all day working on designs... I would have all 4 of them in my living room or at the very least in my heated day light basement if I was not married! I think we all would secretly do that... but taking a chance in saying it out loud and looking like a wing nut... nah.

Video attached of Angel over jumps. I wish I could get footage of me over jumps without the camera person having parkinsons! (taylor ... haley!) but thank you for trying!

No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...