Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rode Today..... but tomorrow more snow!

Candace rode Angel today so she could get an idea as to what I am working with. Its nice to get the feedback and confirmation as to what I have felt all this time. She worked with him 1/2 hr and then I got on and rode for 1/2 hr and he went well. I wish that I could have recorded me with my lesson but there is no time to mess with Cameras when its time to ride! I just took video of her riding him.

After I got on him and softened him up we went well. Did alot of figure eights and changing direction and transitioned a few times. We did canter on his good side as she had already worked both a couple of times.... we agreed that he is definately off. That is the consensus from Jaimie and Vi too. I have zero cash for chiropractic work so I have been googling "lumbo sacral stretches" that I can do with him hoping to ease any discomfort. It is a noticeable difference in height of his Lumbo Sacral. His right is higher... what that means I dont know. He hops out behind when cantering in either direction when he wants to change leads or bucks. I will do what I can this week before our clinic and then ask yet ANOTHER person what they think. I hate asking everyone but I have never had to deal with this before and gathering all information before making a change is ideal.

Really looking forward to Sunday, as it stands 6 people may be coming to support me and that is nice! I hope they learn something too, I know I will be! I wish Angel could find more comfort in his canter as that will be the pivotal point in the session I dare say. I dont want my whole session to be focused on what he cant do at the canter and therefore not progress to other things I would like to touch on... but I will have to wait and see!

The video is several minutes long and you can hear Candace talking about what she is doing in the first half.


No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...