Thursday, November 9, 2017

NBHA 2017 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Well, we have returned home from our 
National Barrel Horse Association World Qualifying Championships
..... now that is a mouthful. That is why they just say "WORLDS" in the barrel racing circles! 

I qualified in 2015 to run 2016 and again to run this year which happened to be their 
25th Anniversary. 

I felt that if Jeff couldnt represent us, I should since I did qualify
 ... AND it is the 3rd anniversary of his proposal AT THE WORLDS! 


They always recognize us ... well him and then they remember me! He is that memorable! 
Soooooo off we went to Perry GA from Oct 27th - Nov 4th. 
We got the perfect RV site ... FINALLY! 
After years of dealing with dogs dogs dogs DANG DOGS barking, pissing an shitting at our site... 
I pre-registered 6 mths in advance a PRIVATE SPOT, at the far end of no where at the fairgrounds WEST GATE. IT was great.... a view out of the front of our camper of where we proposed across the pond, and clock building and water fountains. 
We will want that spot PERIOD every year.... it was that nice! 
The horses were great, got them out daily, brought them to our campsite to hang with hay bag for the afternoon a few times. Made sure they had their Ulcerguard, Chiropractic and Back On Track treatments as needed and they were happy ladies!




Good runs after I got the butterflies out... unfortunately I didnt qualify back to the finals with either mare after their two runs each soooooooooooooo we just enjoyed the festivities and then loaded up on Sunday and headed home!
It was sooooooooooooooo good to be home
... and nice that we came, we competed and we got our tshirt!




No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...