Monday, July 17, 2017

FOREVER ALWAYS CHANGES

One thing you can bank on through time is CHANGE. It is forever and always.... which also is good to keep things fresh and new. Giving you perspective on how far you have come.... and goals to where you want to be. I remember wanting to just be with horses, doing something all the time showing, training, lessons, boarding and sharing my knowledge. I am at a point in my life at 47, now my energy levels dont support my goals. I have to change my perspective and find out what do I really want to do? Wanting to still do 3DE some day at a * or ** star level....would be fufulling life goal. Acquiring my realestate license this year seemed to be a natural process given my background, and utilizing other gifts and talents I have into flipping homes would be a great retirement income advantage. This year (2017) is only half over and I know that once it is ... things wont be the same again. We will look back and call these years the "good Ol' days".
Next month (AUG) Charlie will be going back to St. Andrews for his continuing education, thankfully having a job at least 9 mo out of the year. I have not kept up my end of the deal showing him at even the lowest level this summer. HOW BAD is that? THREE shows, one in JUNE, JULY & AUG! I did go to JUNE show at Heather Ridge Farm for our premier after having not ridden him for a year. He did decent, really did, he could have been awful... well actually he was when we tried to load him on the trailer..... almost kicked me in the face to days before show for our dry run lesson at the facility. My hopes of finding him a new owner this year was a complete FAIL due to my commitment to riding him consistantly.... WHY WHY WHY!!!!!

HONESTLY.... because I just dont like him .... its a JOB and playing russian roulette is not for me.
I have  good horses, ones that dont try to kill me. They just do their job and I enjoy mine, though not my choice discepline in barrel racing, still making progress in getting better is good for me.
Making hard choices to let horses go that dont work for me is tuff. I loved Willy, and after a few lessons with Amanda.... WOW, WHOA... really amazing things were going on! Then.... I fell down on my consistancy job.... WHY WHY WHY.... and he reverted to being ... .Willy. I cant ride that when I have two mares that ride similar and give me 100% every time.... Willy was a project, I wanted to make him better, but I FAILED ....  my issue with consistancy....
SAD STORY!

I have my hand on him still, connected by the riders mom who loves essential oils and we are kindred spirits in some ways ;) hoping I can still get him to where he needs to be ... and have all the love this girl says she has for him. Thank You Jesus!
Jeff will be having hip surgery in the coming month and then 6 weeks recovery and I am sure sooner than later getting back on and riding hard and fast once again. Until then, I am glad I have broad shoulders for whatever may come my way in this time frame!
The new addition, "DALLAS" the miniature pony is out for formal training, or should I say MILES, and whatever they can do with him to make him more bomb proof than he already is. Mom may be driving down in the fall and she said I could have her miniature harness and mini cart.... that needs work but willing to take it, in hopes that Dallas can be utilized until Kensley wants her pony ... he is adorable and we hope to have him for many years!

SOOOOO Forever Changes.... Always....
forever doing something new with horses....
eventing, cutting, barrel racing....
then getting a new career in Real Estate means not always having time to do horse stuff....
.... or getting a hip replacement surgery.... meaning... doing things a little different or to a lesser degree than you are used to. Realizing that your energy levels are not what they were, or your drive to do bigger and better always... is not your main focus anymore.
Just enjoy life every day! 

No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...