Monday, November 3, 2008

My Sweet Angel

I know exactly what to expect when I get on him. That alone is comforting... I know that I will have a little conflict in getting the left lead and sometimes when cantering around he drops that inside shoulder but besides that he is very consistent. We schooled over a 2' spread today between barrels and then on the other side of the arena we we jumped over a set of barrels. He flies over them ... I would love to be able to see us as a team. Where is my leg positioning? Are his ears forward? Do I look like I am too forward? Are his front legs tucked? It feels ok for being green in jumping. My saddle fits us both well, me moreso' as I feel safe, balanced and confident in it.... I didnt even have to pay extra for that!

So tomorrow ... more of today but with more schooling in the half seat. I have got to build my stamina up! I am out of breath after several times around. I feel strong in my half seat when I am jumping - most likely due to adreneline - but then once I stop I realize I am exhausted and breathing hard.... thank GOD I am not a smoker! Maybe tomorrow I will take Baby for a brisk walk or jog up the road. Luckily our road turns to dirt and is quiet. Why take the dogs when the horses like to get out too! I am sure they will like it even more knowing that they wont have to haul me around! Let's not even repeat what we think they could be saying ok?

Tomorrow up in the 60's! Wooooohoooo! It wont be long before we say .... up in the 40's! Wooooohooooo! I know... crazy hugh?

Well until then I am sucking up the grace that mother nature is bestowing upon me this week. I have lots to work on as you know. Misty - my dear Misty needs a slow collected canter so she will not discourage her riders. Charlie - leg yielding & one rein stops. Baby - walk trot transitions and halting in collection. Angel - well he is just perfect and I have to work on how long I can stay in my 1/2 seat .... which reminds me.... its going to have to be at least 12 minutes because that is how long the ROLEX cross country course is FOLKS! 14 miles ....so I may have to do Turbo Jam again.... oh and jog the horses up the road! UGH!

No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...