Thursday, November 6, 2008

Routine At The Indoor

Trucking to Scarborough to ride - not so bad. This time loaded him up, and trucked him alone. He was fine. He is JUST FINE! Gosh... where is that quirk lurking? A needle in a hay stack it is it is!

Jaime got right on and rode him.... she stressed again to really work on stretching his neck down and then that will extend his gait and stretch his back. After he is warmed up with doing that at the walk and trot he comes right into it. Getting better at the leads and didnt argue aproaching jumps. He is a good boy! I enjoy watching him go - it relaxes my mind, as I see the improvements in his way of going as the ride progresses. I know that he is a fair minded horse, and if you treat him fairly he will do anything for you. He is what I was looking for - Sorry Charlie, Sorry Baby. You kids are not ready yet to go where I need to venture first. Angel and I will iron out all the details to make a clear path for us at a later date. This boy is ready to rock and roll. Sorry the video is dark... it was very bright in there - but the settings where not right in the video.

I was invited to attend the Cutter Farm Thanksgiving Schooling Jumper Show
Saturday November 29th with Candace. She wasnt sure where I was at with Angel but thought an "outing" would be good for him. My first thought was YES! Then I think ... well what if this and what if that and I dont want to be an inconvenience for anyone else. I could take my own truck but MASS is a distance for my lovely 96 1/2 ton with 240k on her hauling a 3 horse goose is it not? Well she has treated me wonderfully but I dont want to wear out my welcome and end up stranded somewhere with a horse in the back. NOTICE how that thought didnt cross my mind running down to Suffolk Downs for my darling Angel? Where was my head? No matter - we made it... but its not a matter of "IF" it will happen, its "WHEN". For example - Babys injury - I cannot feel enough guilt regarding that - and am blessed it was only what it was. You can never be careful enough when it comes to your precious equine stock. I dont care if I got them all for free - they are still precious and why would you take the chance to allow something like that to happen? You can only claim ignorance once - ugh... anyway.

So drizzle today - but hey ... mild still and I dont believe I will melt - if you know what I am saying. Had to have that Austrailian oil skin 3/4 legnth riding jacket and matching hat hugh.... I dont believe I have an excuse even if I would melt. DARN! So to RIDE or not to RIDE is NOT a question.

See you on the dry side!... OH crap... is that sleet I hear pinging at my window?

No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...