Saturday, May 30, 2009

Yet another busy day!

Starting with lessons at 8 a.m. One cancelled, and a new one showed up. He has a lot of catching up to do but I think he can do it in short order if he applies himself. Haley did her usual cantering around and posting is looking better too.



Then at 9 Haden showed up for her lesson on Baby. She was already tacked up and ready to go as soon as Ronnies lesson was over. She is going well for only her second lesson and is adorable and smiling all the time talking to Baby thru the lesson saying how much she loves her! OMG!



She trotted a little bit and then we had to show the parents how hard it really is to ride and they both got on and tried to do what I had instructed Hayden to do. Funny they had a new found appreciation for the whole "riding" thing :) I LUV THAT!




Then after all quieted down I rode Charlie at 10 and he was a Dink. Rearing bucking bronco AFTER I longed him ~ and got on and tried to canter around a few times.... JERK. You had to see it... sorry nobody had their cameras ready for that show!

I decided to work him more by asking the girls to head out on a trail ride for an hour or so. It was nice and the bugs werent bad. Made a big loop and accomplished PUDDLES... as it has been raining for 3 days! They all did well.... PROUD of Charlie as he walked a 40' trail of water and came thru a second one right after... up over his knees... he didnt know what to think but he did it. Again NO PICS ~ as my husband took it fishing with him for the weekend. :(

There is a fun show locally tomorrow that I hope they decide to wander over to. Should be fun to check out the grounds for the following weekends fun show to benefit the HEP.

No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...