Sunday, November 23, 2008

6 DAYS & COUNTING.....

Going to The Cutter Farm Jumper Show in Dracut MA on Sat. I was fortunate enough to have hooked up with Candace today so that we could school our horses over jumps. Once Angel is warmed up he is a peach. A new indoor today over in Lyman - nice & new with lots of natural light and flush walls with mirrors at one end. Just big enough to have 3 jumps set up inside. A little tight with two 17h horses striding around but we we made it work. I was very appreciative that she jumped off to reset the jump I knocked down.... twice :( - Probably all me, looking down and or something else. He is so easy going after he gets soft in the bridle - and he likes to jump ... I give him that! Its not pretty right now - its not like he is a natural llofty jumper but he clears them and he wants to figure this game out. So its fun for him, for now :)

VERY bitter out. Windy as a mutha' and I hate having so many layers on, that I am hot, then I am cold ... then I am chilled because I was sweating. UGH.... those Mountain Horse Rimfrost Riders are the BEST! My feet never get cold and I only had a thin sock on! I do need a new helmet though... maybe santa will be nice to me for xmas?

Hopefully Charlie will be ridden tomorrow. Rain I think? Poor guy... he watched from the paddock as Baby and Misty got to get out with the girls hacking them around - I watched him from my office window... sulking like a boy kicking stones down the road with his hands deep in his pockets. :(

Even though I have been fortunate enough to enjoy my horses, almost daily if I so choose, I dont actually feel like I am doing anything with them still. Like a show is the only thing that can affirm my hard work? Why is that? Just saying that I am going "somewhere" solidifies / proves that I have actually done what I say I have been doing. It is the wierdest thing. Something I have to change - I need to feel like I have accomplished "things" just by having them home - not by showing by someone elses standards.

I will work on that. Dogs barking - gotta run!

No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...