Saturday, November 29, 2008

FINALLY THE JUMPER SHOW

OK>>>>>> we made it and I am still alive!

Angel was an Angel - he is so good when he is away from here. He likes the "goings on" and is always looking around. The standing around waiting for our number to be called after the sun went away was not fun. It was chilly - and he was already warmed up... you can only do so much of that in one setting. .... I mean for me! My thighs will feel that tomorrow.

It was a good day overall... HECK... what can you expect for a "first show" situation! I have mental notes on all the crap I need to work on... notice I said "I" because "I" get in HIS way, and I need to have a better seat, and I need to have better hands, and I need to maintain my balance for longer than a minute or two....

His strides are so big and tall and he can cover an indoor with 11 jumps set up in 2 seconds flat - I knew the pattern but all of a sudden ... I am at the other end of the arena and holy crap... what number am I on again? Shit ... #5 ... oh... where is that one now? UGH... over there.... did I miss #4? NO... I did one ... two... three... right? Crap...

At the end I said thank you to the judge ... but he said... "you have one more" and pointed at #11.... Oh? I do? Hugh ... thought I did that one ... :)
>>>>insert - sheepish smile and shrugged shoulders with OH MY FRIGGIN WORD - under my breath... then crawl under rock >>>>>>quickly!

BUT all in the scheme of DOING & LEARNING - which we BOTH are and having fun... because lets not forget THAT my friends is why we are doing this... because its fun.... but before we get to that.... lets look at the embarrassing part shall we?????>>>>>>>>



A big THANK YOU - goes out to Candace Frank - for having to deal with me all day - in so many ways!

1 comment:

ranch girl said...

Did you miss any jumps?

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...