Monday, July 27, 2009

Angels Absess

BECAUSE BLOGGER IS PISSING ME OFF ~
I HAVE TO EXPLAIN PICS before my blog... dont ask!
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER ....
ANYFRIGGINWHOOOOOOOOOOO...
this pic shows the soft section in the white line of the toe ...
I thought would be where the absess would drain
:( but it didnt


Angel Soaking... what a good boy :)


The puncture wound ... OR SO I THOUGHT!


12 hours later it looked like this after I soaked it! LIKE OMG freek me out!






NOW.... the rest of the story....


Well after we got through the Acupuncture and Chiropractic successfully with positive results, the ferrier was scheduled the following week. UNFORTUNATELY, we had several weeks of rainy wet weather and to Angel's demise we encountered a trim to the quick. WHICH means that to no fault of anyone but mother nature and murphys friggin LAW did we end up with an absess. Which was on again off again for 4 weeks until it finally came to a head.

I could ride him some days when he seemed to be better, and now I know those must have been the days when the pressure was finding its way in the path of least resistance and not go out thru the hoof as I thought it would where it all started. I soaked it 3Xday for 6 days in Epsom and Iodine and got a 6 day prescription of anti biotic which I crushed 12 pills a.m. & p.m. in his grain with Bute and his Shen Calm and Joint stuff... then tried... and I SAY TRIED to wrap it and keep it clean in between soakings to no avail....what a riggamaro!

ON the 6th day I noticed this punture wound on the back side of his heal ... thinking well hoping around on 3 legs probaby got him into trouble or scuffed it ... but that evening soak showed the WHOLE heal broke open and looked like dead flesh coming off. The soak caused the flesh to turn white... which lead me to believe that it was dead flesh... OH & the smell! YUK!

I was not happy... and still not happy and I just have to share that I have NEVER had an absess in all my life of horsemanship... therefore I guess I have not lived hugh?

Well things are on the mend... and I HOPE to be riding him again by next week
FINGERS CROSSED!

No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...