Monday, March 18, 2013

After An Unsuccessful Clinic....

I signed up for a clinic thinking...  well it would be good to get Charlz out...
Then after auditing in the morning before I brought him in... I thought... 
Well I should just give it a chance?
What do you see?


I apparently have unrealistic expectations.... 
thinking I wouldnt be botherred with his antics... 
Then ... he reared up luckily BEFORE I handed him off to her...
and she basically hand fed him...
looking back on it I now wonder what he gained from it?

I will say this.... in the mornings usually I am avoiding his flailing hind hooves after I turn him loose in the pasture... but just recently incorporated giving him a handful of grain to keep him occupied before turning him loose has been an asset ... I will maintain that until otherwise.

... But honestly $150 for two days of watching a trainer handfeed my horse trying to get him to associate treats with clicker is .... well in all honesty ... is ridiculous... 
A lesson well learned... 
ASK MORE QUESTIONS BEFORE SENDING A CHECK!
What used to be called "clicker training" is now called "on target training"
I just dont think it works for EVERY horse... especially unpredictable ones...
over n out

No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...