Sunday, October 12, 2008

In The Beginning.....

.... well that was a long time ago.... so lets fast forward to today shall we?
The start of a new adventure.... of course having been shockput into this new adventure like projectile vomit but none the less - trying to keep an optomistic point of view here. As everyone keeps telling me... everything happens for a reason, well lets thank GOD for that! Three, (3) horses and NOT ONE I CAN RIDE! Does that even make sense? NOT TO ME. After years of scrimping and saving and begging just have my horse with me through every change, move and transition in my life - I finally had to say goodbye to my dear TESS. Well, 33 years, GREAT years, 27 of them were just for me, and I learned a lot. I had many other horses while I had her but she was my old standby. She fit me like a glove and we knew each other like we were born twins. After laying her to rest - I felt free to choose my next lifetime horse. Given that opportunity I chose to breed. BREED for what I WANTED - BIG, COLORFUL, GREAT MIND, GOOD BONE - versitile - with stamina should get me ANYWHERE! I was able to after two years put my first filly on the ground - with great pride I named her - WAPS IN YO WALLET. A reg appaloosa mare out of HOTANDSPICIE & WAPS MELENNIUM. A darling chestnut filly with solid blanket. MY DREAM - since always having solid WHITE appy mares - I was blessed with CoLOR FINALLY!

So here we are - she is 3 1/2 and I am ready to rock and roll! Where to? Well first off, understand I have done extensive groundwork, and she has been an easy horse to back. What a JOY! I finally get to plan the future of a well bred horse of my very own. NOT downing what I had to work with all these years. Those experiences only sweeten the pot to appreciate the bounty of my current blessings - a clean slate with only what I have taught her is simply invaluable to a rider with hopes and dreams bigger than the universe - but still - falling short by qualifying for the olympics would be acceptable to me :)! In the process of waiting for this all to transpire - my mind still wanders into the abyss of the WHAT IFS.... I should have a back up stead just in case... so onward I go finding a perfect equine for the job - what a surprise! ANOTHER WAP! I shall name him WAPS CHOCOLATE MOOSE - the sire WAPS ROLLS ROYCE (1/2 brother to WM) and the mare BRENDAS DANCER - it MUST BE A SIGN! So I ship him home when he turned 9 months - and we wait yet again - HE is now 2 1/2 and has done well with everything thus far - but its time to test the waters - and so go the terrible twos! I have decided to give him a month or two off - So here we are - Charles and Baby - both great kids - the only ones I will ever have. My life - my loves - my future.

And I am still here waiting....
Tune in tomorrow for the next BIG IDEA....

No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...