Friday, October 17, 2008

JUST AMAZING ....

Riding today was a joy - I was able to ride in my new saddle - finding balance in the half seat while striding over ground rails. His side passing is wonderful, and he became putty in my forgiving hands this morning, with his arched neck and willing heart. I just enjoy being atop a stead that is always looking to please. Today we learned to rock between forhand and haunches with just my seat. His sensitivity to halt is supurb. I just would never have thought he would want to learn, or care to learn honestly. I thought I would be doing a lot more encouraging and accepting of a try here and there. Instead we are on the fasttrack to success and I am loving every minute of it! The bright light in my day on my way to the barn and he calls for me at the gate. C'mon! Like whols heart doesnt get all gushy when that happens!

Riding 3 horses a day would get me fit quick if winter wasnt coming in such a haste! I have to load up and travel to an indoor (as soon as my arena freezes) which I did all last winter - not fun shoveling out and hooking up, then loading up, tacking up, mucking out when finished, unhooking. Not to mention how many times the question comes up.... "can I get up my 800' driveway?" Several times having to unload them at the bottom as its to much of a chance with jackknifing half way up because I loose traction. Nerve racking to say the least, and trying when all you want to do is ride in this hateful Northeast!

Tomorrow is another day.... and I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

REIGNITING THE PASSION FOR EVENTING

 My blog name has changed over the years, but my goal always remained the same, to be in eventing! I had goals, but never knowing how to att...